Author Topic: Are we all living in a simulated world ?  (Read 15432 times)

Offline ninjamaster73

• Its your life you decide what you believe.
Re: Are we all living in a simulated world ?
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2013, 06:21:06 PM »
Yeah my bad on that...I was doing some research on dog vision since I've seen Ghosthunters using their dog Mattie during their investigations. I read the information wrong where they said that dogs have difficulty view something flat or 2d like a flat screen tv with all the color pixelation...I thought they said that they could only see in flat or 2d again my bad.

Offline skinwalker

• Admin
  • Administrator
    • www.skinwalkerranch.org
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2013, 11:52:25 PM »
But gravity is only affecting the tool that measures time but not time itself. I

says who?  Gravity effects both time and space.  Yes gravity can and does warp time itself.

Offline skinwalker

• Admin
  • Administrator
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2013, 12:00:29 AM »
The Matrix theory states that worlds can be created by making a program that designs something through numbers and symbols. But this requires a monitor and this requires a processor or computer

it only requires a processor and code. 

Keep in mind a computer the size of a earthlike planet could compute and simulate the entire human history in than a second (cant find reference at moment).  Keep in mind how infitesimally small the earth is in relation to larger bodied objects in space, much less space itself.  Its almost an invisible spec.

Offline skinwalker

• Admin
  • Administrator
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2013, 12:03:27 AM »
Who would in their right mind write programs for over a billion people on Earth which if they're like me have some ultra boring lives.....I don't know
 God would in a giant experiment to witness the very few who becomes enlightened via free will from the countless masses.  No different than a prospector sifting mud for a tiny flake of gold.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 12:05:45 AM by skinwalker »

Offline Kryptid

« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2013, 05:44:29 AM »
ignore edit
« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 05:47:21 PM by skinwalker »

Offline Kryptid

« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2013, 10:34:08 PM »
...why was my post edited?

Offline skinwalker

• Admin
  • Administrator
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2013, 05:46:06 PM »
byproduct of the laws of physics that were programmed into the simulation
  Your comments are probably accurate.  The universe hardly revolves around the earth...  our result may be one vaguely interesting aftermath of the origional programmed physics.  Hopefully none of this is a blow to the old ego, if this theory is true, it does NOT mean that you do not exist.  "I think therefore I am" is very much true, and I believe consciousness is eternal (cannot be deleted or erased), even in a AI sense.

Offline skinwalker

• Admin
  • Administrator
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2013, 01:55:03 AM »
i was just reading that the individual particles in everything make up 1's and 0's just like a computer program.  so are we nothing more than a wave function of information bytes in actuality?  I really need to understand this better. 

Offline Kryptid

« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2013, 06:19:25 AM »
Well, perhaps something of that sort could be true. Given quantum mechanics, I'd say it'd be more accurate to describe the Universe as being composed of "qubits" instead of classical bits.

Might you be making reference to the holographic principle? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holographic_principle

Offline skinwalker

• Admin
  • Administrator
« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2013, 10:53:59 PM »
Yes I am Kryptid , but i'm also seeing how this translates directly to Simulated Reality Theory.  If at the quantum level we are all made up of qubits of 1's and 0's is this not evidence of a sophisticated computer program running reality?

Offline skinwalker

• Admin
  • Administrator
« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2013, 03:10:49 AM »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_physics

For example, if one particle, such as an electron, is switching from one quantum state to another, it may be the same as if a bit is changed from one value (0, say) to the other (1). A single bit suffices to describe a single quantum switch of a given particle. As the universe appears to be composed of elementary particles whose behavior can be completely described by the quantum switches they undergo, that implies that the universe as a whole can be described by bits. Every state is information, and every change of state is a change in information (requiring the manipulation of one or more bits). Setting aside dark matter and dark energy, which are poorly understood at present, the known universe consists of about 1080 protons and the same number of electrons. Hence, the universe could be simulated by a computer capable of storing and manipulating about 1090 bits. If such a simulation is indeed the case, then hypercomputation would be impossible.

also can someone smarter than myself explain this one...

Digital physics is falsifiable in that a less powerful class of computers cannot simulate a more powerful class. Therefore, if our universe is a gigantic simulation, that simulation is being run on a computer at least as powerful as a Turing machine. If humans succeed in building a hypercomputer, then a Turing machine cannot have the power required to simulate the universe.

« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 03:17:06 AM by skinwalker »

Offline Kryptid

« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2013, 01:12:06 AM »
I believe a Turing machine is basically a model used to represent known computer capabilities (the ability to solve certain kinds of problems). Turing machines have limits in that there are problems that they simply cannot solve (or at least cannot solve in a practical time period). Hypercomputation is a new term to me. Seems that it is basically a concept for a computer that can do that things that Turing machines (and therefore current computers) cannot. One example might be to run an infinite number of computations in a finite period of time. I doubt such a thing is possible in our universe.

However, if hypercomputation proves to be possible, then all that would falsify is the hypothesis that we are being simulated by a Turing machine. It could still be possible that we are being simulated on a hypercomputer of some sort.

Offline arosemena

• Approval Newbie
    • camiseta de al-ahly 2013
« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2013, 06:53:45 AM »
just posted this scientific paper i found which about sums up the theory and is easy to read.  Makes sense to me.

http://skinwalkerranch.org/images/vrtheory.pdf

good ;)

Offline arosemena

• Approval Newbie
    • camiseta de al-ahly 2013
« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2013, 06:56:47 AM »
just posted this scientific paper i found which about sums up the theory and is easy to read.  Makes sense to me.

http://skinwalkerranch.org/images/vrtheory.pdf

good ;)
Thank you for sharing