Author Topic: Shadow spirits  (Read 7452 times)

Offline Naflutie

Shadow spirits
« on: December 31, 2011, 05:01:23 PM »
I had an experience a few (4-5) years ago while in Springfield, UT. I don't want to give a lot of detail because somehow this feels sacred to me. I was attending an annual flute and drum festival. One duo combined several different ethnically diverse instruments from the didge, flute and drums to rattles etc. While the drummer was performing, I felt and saw several shadow presences. Not just one or two. They whisked along thru the area behind the stage, which is open and in an outdoor setting. I swear I could hear them talking thru the drums and I honestly felt like they were happy and maybe even a little sad. It was if the spirits of the old ones had come to join the celebration and wanted to feel the music of the earth again. I wasn't afraid and for some reason, I cried. This was the first vision I'd ever had of that many spirits and voices at once. It was profound then and still is today. I wonder of any of you have had similar occurrences?

Offline skinwalker

• Admin
  • Administrator
    • www.skinwalkerranch.org
Re: Shadow spirits
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2012, 03:46:00 AM »
never but i've read about similiar experiences.  Also the purpose of ritualistic chanting and drumming is to communicate with the spirit world.  These are tools to help us enter a trance and to interact with the other side.

Offline ninjamaster73

• Its your life you decide what you believe.
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2012, 03:41:45 AM »
I was asked by the Clerk of the Nation of my tribe if I ever saw similar shadow figures in my everyday life. Which I have and still do. The Clerk told me that those are in fact ancestors and they are trying to speak to us but in our modern life we mostly keep closed minds and therefore they cannot dispense whatever message they have. The drum is powerful and you for sure had a vision of their power. What you saw is for you, and remember our ancestors were very close if not in tuned with nature. I believe if you speak to your medicine man he/she may be able to help you get in touch with nature according to your tribe's traditional customs.

Offline skinwalker

• Admin
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2012, 03:35:19 PM »
i have see a shadow figure once in my life.  It was in my own house 1 year ago. It was the size of a small child, very fast, and had white glowing eyes.  100% real and solid, if a shadow could have mass, this was it.

Offline Naflutie

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2012, 06:42:14 PM »
I was asked by the Clerk of the Nation of my tribe if I ever saw similar shadow figures in my everyday life. Which I have and still do. The Clerk told me that those are in fact ancestors and they are trying to speak to us but in our modern life we mostly keep closed minds and therefore they cannot dispense whatever message they have. The drum is powerful and you for sure had a vision of their power. What you saw is for you, and remember our ancestors were very close if not in tuned with nature. I believe if you speak to your medicine man he/she may be able to help you get in touch with nature according to your tribe's traditional customs.

Thing is I am not Native, I have a great respect for the culture and all that has been shared with us "fat-takers". I don't see them daily, but sometimes I catch  whiff of cedar, source unknown. I've never seen typical malicious shadow person, like what your sounds like Skinwalker. My user name is probably a bit deceiving. I use it because I love the Native American Style Flute.

Offline ninjamaster73

• Its your life you decide what you believe.
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2012, 04:28:15 AM »
Hmmm...well regardless you witnessed a power.. The shadows are just a part of it.

Offline Artiodactyla

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2012, 11:49:50 PM »
I remember when I lived on a reservation I saw a monster thing at the end of my bed. Looked like a very evil looking black coyote. Don't know if that is a "shadow person."

Offline skinwalker

• Admin
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2012, 01:45:04 AM »
sounds similiar to what Hero and I witnessed at the ranch except it was a wolf. 

Offline Ponticulus

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2012, 09:46:21 AM »
I remember when I lived on a reservation I saw a monster thing at the end of my bed. Looked like a very evil looking black coyote. Don't know if that is a "shadow person."

Hello Artiodactyla,
   I doubt if it was a shadow person. They usually will look like...well, your shadow. But there are a few other types of phenomenon that are very similar. It will take research to cross reference a 'monster coyote shadow' until you find folklore on that topic. The biggest favor you can do, is to go with your instincts. Don't get too close, especially if the 'evil' feeling isn't going away while you are in its presence.  And if you experience this often...a little spiritual protection is a necessity.