Author Topic: Vernal Haunting  (Read 53539 times)

Offline TwoCrows

Re: Vernal Haunting
« Reply #45 on: January 03, 2010, 09:09:38 PM »
Looks like I'm heading back to the site.
Apparently our camera has dissappeared with no trace of it having been there.  I need to see the site myself before commenting further.

Also, there was a new sighting of the wolf creature.  I don't have details yet.

Offline skinwalker

• Admin
  • Administrator
    • www.skinwalkerranch.org
« Reply #46 on: January 03, 2010, 11:52:07 PM »
I live 20 minutes from Brey Rd.  Go there quite often, in my opinion whatever it was is now long long gone.  From the research i did i seemed to be satanic related (satanic symbols and mutilated dogs ritually killed in the area....)

Offline lespaul

« Reply #47 on: January 04, 2010, 12:05:32 AM »
 :(That SUCKS about your camera  bro! I hope something turns up.

Offline Kami-Megami

« Reply #48 on: January 04, 2010, 04:12:23 AM »
Flip! Your camera is gone?!  Not cool!  >:(

Offline terro

« Reply #49 on: January 04, 2010, 05:09:18 AM »
Freaking humans stealing stuff.  Maybe the theif will get at the pics and see the wolf and flip out!

Offline TwoCrows

« Reply #50 on: January 04, 2010, 06:27:45 PM »
Well, it could be humans but that's not a problem they've had at this particular house.  I'll know if it was as I'm a fairly competent tracker.  I'll be getting over there probably this evening or tomorrow.

Offline TwoCrows

« Reply #51 on: January 09, 2010, 09:08:41 PM »
Here's an update on the camera situation.

The camera had vanished from the spot it was secured in.  Most curious is that there was no sign, human or otherwise of anyone or anything even being near the camera's location.  No tracks, no marks, not a single sign.  I'm a fairly decent tracker and I carried someone over who is outstanding in the tracking field, he couldn't find any evidence either.

Now, since I had a feeling this may be a problem I was prepared so to speak.  I had a way to find the camera.  We did indeed locate it.  It was about a half a mile away, strapped to another tree in the middle of nothing.  It's my camera, no doubt and again, there wasn't a single sign as to how it was put in it's new location.

Also curious but not really surprising,  there's not a single shot on the camera, it's completly empty.

Offline Nas

« Reply #52 on: January 10, 2010, 12:09:11 AM »
I'm starting to see a parallel here with the ranch. You know how the camera line was cut in the book? And this camera was moved? It would mean that whatever it is, doesn't like to be filmed.

Now my questions are...
How does it know that it's a recording device...?
How could it know?

Offline lespaul

« Reply #53 on: January 10, 2010, 01:29:00 AM »
Glad you got the camera back and aren't out any dough. This is truly getting weird.

Is the family still having experiences? Still seeing the wolf creature?

Any strange prints or any evidence around the camera?

Sounds like it's pretty intelligent. Be careful messing with this thing TwoCrows!

Offline TwoCrows

« Reply #54 on: January 10, 2010, 06:32:18 AM »
Glad you got the camera back and aren't out any dough. This is truly getting weird.

Is the family still having experiences? Still seeing the wolf creature?

Any strange prints or any evidence around the camera?

Sounds like it's pretty intelligent. Be careful messing with this thing TwoCrows!

The whole thing's been weird from the begining and it keeps getting more so.  As I noted, there were no signs around the camera.  Not at it's original location nor at its relocated spot.  The camera doesn't bear a single mark either.

The family heard strange noises outside the night before the father noticed the camera was missing.  Thankfully, he was careful not to approach the camera's location, just contacted me right away.  They claim the noise was a low growl similar to what has been heard around the property on numerous occassions.

I will be moving forward with this but yes, I am being careful, thanks for the concern. 

I brought the camera back to look it over in detail.  I'll be considering this weekend what the next step should be.

Offline lespaul

« Reply #55 on: January 10, 2010, 07:44:53 PM »
Low growl would suggest...cougar or bear.
Last time I checked though,they didn't have opposable thumbs and know how to move a game cam.
Padlock it on and chain it to the tree. Maybe a combo lock and chain. Maybe?
Then you can see just how intelligent-mystical-magical the phenom actually is. If it moves it again.

Offline terro

« Reply #56 on: January 10, 2010, 11:18:09 PM »
Finger print it, or next time coat it with grease or something that will smudge and show hand prints.  It seems impossible to approach and move/re attatch a camera and not be photographed.  No prints no nothing?  Did it snow after?  Maybe some fishing line or another camera with no flash to watch the first.  I see guys setting them in opposing positions for this reason.  Is it possible that photos were removed or deleted?  Keep us posted.

Offline TwoCrows

« Reply #57 on: January 11, 2010, 01:38:37 AM »
Low growl would suggest...cougar or bear.
Last time I checked though,they didn't have opposable thumbs and know how to move a game cam.
Padlock it on and chain it to the tree. Maybe a combo lock and chain. Maybe?
Then you can see just how intelligent-mystical-magical the phenom actually is. If it moves it again.

Actually, it was secured with a lock.  Mainly as a precaution against human thieves and also to make it more difficult for any "thing" that might try to mess with the camera.

I have recordings of various animals and plan on playing them for the family to see if they can identify the sound they've heard.

Offline lespaul

« Reply #58 on: January 11, 2010, 02:03:52 AM »
It was locked...WTF?!?
Maybe like terro said use 1 game cam to shoot towards the other.
Don't tell anyone you are putting the 2nd out or where.
How long was it before it went missing?
Does the familiy know about the camera incident?
I'm not trying to tell you how to do your job. Just suggestions and hoping the best for you.
Seriously, be careful. If this thing can move a cam half mile away and secure it. Think what it could do to you.
It was locked...wow.

Offline TwoCrows

« Reply #59 on: January 11, 2010, 02:08:57 AM »
Finger print it, or next time coat it with grease or something that will smudge and show hand prints.  It seems impossible to approach and move/re attatch a camera and not be photographed.  No prints no nothing?  Did it snow after?  Maybe some fishing line or another camera with no flash to watch the first.  I see guys setting them in opposing positions for this reason.  Is it possible that photos were removed or deleted?  Keep us posted.

No prints.  No tracks. Not a single sign that anyone or anything had been near the camera.  That in itself is weird as you would expect some normal shots of wildlife.

I actually did consider a pair of cameras but wanted to try this experiment with a single one first.