Author Topic: Vernal Haunting  (Read 52636 times)

Offline TwoCrows

Re: Vernal Haunting
« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2009, 01:13:55 AM »
Well, we finished going through the audio evidence that we collected at the site.  Nothing that I can say is paranormal at this time.  Some strange noises that COULD have a natural explanation.

We had a fair amount of issues with the equipment though.  Audio files that were empty, emf meters that wouldn't work properly etc.  The family's electronics act in a strange manner on a regular basis so it seems like a confirmation of what they've been experiencing.

Offline TwoCrows

« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2009, 01:14:41 AM »
Received word today that it looks like we'll be able to revisit the site.

Offline terro

« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2009, 01:58:06 AM »
That is cool that you can get back there, how many people do you investigate with?   I have been invited to go on an investigation with the husband of my wifes co worker but they have close to ten people that go along and I think that would create problems.  He has some cool equipment and some strange audio recordings so it seems he knows what he is doing.  Are you able to leave a game cam out to try to capture the wolf in between investigations?  I hope you can get some results on your next trip.

Offline TwoCrows

« Reply #33 on: December 11, 2009, 06:13:23 PM »
Given the size of the property I took four other investigators the last time.  That created two teams of two and one person to moniter equipment, plenty for a private residence.  My personal feeling is that ten people is too much unless you're doing a  very large site.  Even then, you have to take care with coordinating your people and keeping track of everything.

Actually, I probably will be leaving a game cam out this time even after we leave.  I've already received the okay and I'm planning to put one out a little prior to the investigation and then switch them out.  This way I can have the place monitered for a greater lenght of time.  I'd love to catch a shot of this creature or even something that explains it so the family can rest better.

Offline lespaul

« Reply #34 on: December 11, 2009, 11:27:25 PM »
That's too cool TwoCrows! Please keep giving us updates on this matter. I've enjoyed keeping up with this thread.Pictures are encouraged if you can! :)

Offline TwoCrows

« Reply #35 on: December 12, 2009, 02:04:03 AM »
That's too cool TwoCrows! Please keep giving us updates on this matter. I've enjoyed keeping up with this thread.Pictures are encouraged if you can! :)

No problem.  At this time I don't have any photos I can share due to privacy issue with the family.  If I catch pics of the wolf/creature though I'll work something out!

Offline Kami-Megami

« Reply #36 on: December 13, 2009, 04:42:39 AM »
Wow what a great chance to investigate this! I too, would love to see pics of the wolf creature if you get any!
I've never gone on an investigation, I would love to someday. I did grow up in a haunted house, though.

to lostindimensions; Do you have a location for this canyon? But more interestingly, I would love to hear more about the 'lil people. '  "Fairy" stories are universal. Not fairies like sweet little flying things like Tinkerbell, but more like the ones you are describing. They are something to be feared. They use "glamour" to  confuse what you see, they can harm you in inexplicable ways.  they Steal children and live stock. And if you step into their world, you may lose years here in ours.

Sounds like it could all go on on the ranch doesn't it?

Offline TwoCrows

« Reply #37 on: December 18, 2009, 08:19:50 AM »
Just an update since I know some of you are interested in this topic. 

I've placed a camera on site and plan on leaving it for a while.  It' well cammoed and has a clear sightline on the area where the wolf like creature has been spotted on several occassions.

We'll see what turns up.

Offline lespaul

« Reply #38 on: December 18, 2009, 03:51:20 PM »
Nice! I can't wait to see. :) So so cool.

Offline skinwalker

• Admin
  • Administrator
    • www.skinwalkerranch.org
« Reply #39 on: December 18, 2009, 10:20:16 PM »
awsome twocrows cant wait to see what you come up with!  Please post results if any...and dont be surprised if you get small red orbs of light rather than a wolf ;) (thats what our deer cams pickup in such paranormal hotspots)

Offline TwoCrows

« Reply #40 on: December 19, 2009, 04:57:51 AM »
Oh I won't be surprised but it won't stop me from trying.  I've phtographed in the area before along with other paranormal sites and often get random orbs or other lights.  I've also had shots that were either completly black or completly whited out.  We'll continue to search and see what surfaces.

Offline terro

« Reply #41 on: December 19, 2009, 06:04:38 AM »
I love that aspect of game cams the anticipation of looking at a weeks worth of pics not knowing what you will see.  The only bummer is when there are only two and they are of you wakling away.

Offline dubbedup

« Reply #42 on: December 22, 2009, 06:51:58 PM »
All this bidpedal wolf stuff really interests me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQVyxA3ROys

The Gable case is very inetresting

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fDeT8H2CwQ
« Last Edit: December 22, 2009, 06:54:22 PM by dubbedup »

Offline Kami-Megami

« Reply #43 on: December 22, 2009, 08:33:24 PM »
Wow! It sounds like they are playing with you, maybe.
It really is exciting to see what you come up with.

Side note A friend of mine on another board has a sigline from Monsterquest saying "Wolf-like creatures now live in the realm of psychology... and Wisconsin."

Now I can tell him Utah counts, too. :P

Offline TwoCrows

« Reply #44 on: December 27, 2009, 08:52:27 PM »
It sure sounds like it Kami.  His reference of course is to the "beast of Bray road" and other wolf/dogman sightings.  For some reason such creatures seem to be especially active in Wisconsin.

The descriptions that I have gotten from witnesses in Utah are very much in the vein of the classic werewolf.