Author Topic: Meteor In Utah 18/11/09  (Read 6079 times)

Offline dubbedup

Meteor In Utah 18/11/09
« on: November 19, 2009, 03:19:56 PM »
Any body see this on Wenesday?
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/8367760.stm

Looks very impressive

Offline TwoCrows

Re: Meteor In Utah 18/11/09
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2009, 05:15:07 AM »
I'm in the southwest and saw the flash of light, it was pretty dramatic.  Sightings range from California all the way to Idaho.

Offline skinwalker

• Admin
  • Administrator
    • www.skinwalkerranch.org
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2009, 01:40:56 PM »
actually my friend told me about it and i couldnt find a link for it.  he said the meteor's trajactory took it on a course to land in Dugway!  If you know anything about Dugway you will know that this wasnt a meteor!

Offline skinwalker

• Admin
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2009, 01:41:44 PM »
its honestly unbelievable PROOF of a U.F.O. landing (crash landing) at Dugway....  I'm shocked the more i read this story

http://www.fox13now.com/videobeta/watch/?watch=9fe28b32-6c21-4f4a-a71d-73b94ea0ac4c&src=front

DUGWAY PROVING GROUND - Security at this military testing facility has been increased after a meteor was spotted over Utah, and believed to have crashed here, authorities told Fox 13 News.

Dugway officials insist they have no evidence that a meteor spotted over Utah early Tuesday actually crashed here, but that hasn't stopped them from being blitzed with phone calls and speculation that's where the space rock is.

"We have had a large number of calls," said Paula Nicholson, a spokeswoman for the U.S. Army facility. "However, we don't have any indication at all that it did land on Duway. We have some high-powered radar and nothing has shown that anything at all crashed."

Dugway has a reputation for being mysterious. Approximately 1,300 square miles, the facility tests biological, chemical and munitions for the military. The mystery surrounding some of its projects has earned it the nickname "Area 52."

To add to the mystery, shortly after the meteor flashed across the sky, several military helicopters took off from Airport No. 2 in West Jordan headed toward Dugway. The Utah National Guard confirmed it, but insisted there was no conspiracy -- just a training exercise.

Since the meteor, Nicholson said she has received numerous phone calls about UFOs and people seeking to get on the grounds to search for space rock. Earlier this week, security confronted a man who wandered too close of one of Dugway's borders.

"We do have heavy security right now," Nicholson said.

"Is this increased lately or is this aside from what you'd typically find at Dugway?" Fox 13's Ben Winslow asked her.

"Maybe a little but more because of the meteorite interest," she replied.

Nicholson said there is concern for public safety because the testing range has some unexploded ordinances on it, which is why the military is vigilant about keeping people out.

"We are certainly not searching for it. We do have a large security force and we've had no reports from any of them or any of our employees of anything they've found," she said.

While astronomers have said that the meteor may have crashed near Granite Peak, Nicholson suggested it may be further south -- outside of Dugway. One man showed up at Fox 13's studios on Friday carrying a large rock he found in southwestern Tooele County. He said he was looking for arrowheads when he found the rock.

"At the base of the hill, right at the edge of the snow, there was this -- sitting in the mud," the man, who did not want his identity revealed, said.

The rock, which is black and polished, was out of place for the area it was found. Asked if he believed it was a piece of meteor, the man replied: "I hope so."
{
« Last Edit: November 25, 2009, 01:44:59 PM by skinwalker »

Offline TwoCrows

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2009, 05:37:56 PM »
Yea, I know about Dugway which some call the new area 51.  First I've heard of the landing or crash there though.  Most reports I've found carry the object over Salt Lake and well north into Idaho.

Offline skinwalker

• Admin
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2009, 12:14:42 AM »
this story JUST happened.  plus from the rumor mill i've heard there is a real connection between skinwalker and Dugway, but I have no clue yet what that connection is.

Offline skinwalker

• Admin
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2009, 12:29:47 AM »
Dugway has a strange and long history and objects from space "crashing" into its boundaries

check out this story from 2007

http://www.space.com/news/genesis_captured_040908.html

DUGWAY PROVING GROUND, UTAH -- A NASA spacecraft spun out of control and crashed into the Utah desert this morning, putting a disastrous end to a years-long mission to bring back samples of the Sun.

The probe was supposed to deploy a parachute and be snagged by a helicopter for safe recovery.

The capsule, carrying tiny particles from the solar wind that scientists were eager to study for the first time, was half buried in the sandy surface and "appeared to be intact," said a NASA mission controller.

Closer inspection showed the flying-saucer-shaped ship had cracked in two, however.

100 mph impact

Genesis and its solar cargo slammed into the ground at about 100 mph, said Chris Jones, a spokesperson for NASA. The space agency did not immediately provide any detail on the expected condition of the probe's contents, but scientists are optimistic there will be some particles to recover.

"We've lost something," said Roger Wiens, science team flight payload leader from Los Alamos National Laboratory. "Now we'll have to analyze the pieces."

Since its launch in August 2001, the $264 million Genesis mission flew to a point just under one million miles (1.5 million kilometers) from Earth. The spacecraft deployed collectors for 850 days to "soak up the Sun" -- entrapping particles carried into space by a constantly streaming "solar wind," for return to Earth.

Under blue sky and nearly cloudless conditions here, a mini-squadron of three helicopters took off at about 11:25 a.m. ET, heading to 10,000 feet to await the arrival of the descending capsule.

All appeared to be going well.

Out of control

When the helicopters lifted off, Genesis was above the atmosphere, roughly halfway between the United States and Hawaii, screaming toward the planet.

A few minutes before Noon ET powerful radar and visual instruments here at the Test and Training Range spotted the Genesis capsule sliding through the atmosphere over the western part of the country. The probe was spinning 15 times a minute, looking like an out-of-control garbage can or some space boulder as it flew in at high speed.

"I just had a big pit in my stomach," Wiens said of watching Genesis plummet toward the ground.

Live video taken from the surface followed the probe all the way down, while NASA officials noted that the parachute had not opened, as planned.

The helicopter crews, including a Hollywood stunt pilot, were to spot the capsule and latch onto it with a long hook. Instead, they landed near the crash site to inspect the damage. But NASA engineers feared the explosive for the parachute might still be alive and ready to fire, so the crews were advised to keep a safe distance.

"That presents a safety hazard to recovery crews," Jones said.

Hopes dashed?

Scientists hoped the solar samples, considered among the most primordial bits of the solar system available, would help them unravel mysteries surrounding the formation of the nine planets and the central star they orbit.

Being the first U.S. sample-return mission since Apollo 17 moonwalkers brought back lunar material in 1972, Genesis was to be a trailblazer for a similar effort, the NASA Stardust mission. Stardust is slated to make a Utah parachute landing on January 15, 2006.

A slogan spotted on one of the mission control computers at the Utah ground facility this morning proved prophetic. It read, "Genesis: Utah or Bust."

Offline TwoCrows

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2009, 02:50:46 AM »
I've seen that story, but thanks for posting it again.  I've heard rumors of a ranch/Dugway connection too.  Would not surprise me at all.

Offline terro

« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2009, 03:26:01 PM »
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=9a3_1259151126

Is this the same "meteor"  looks very low not burning in the atmosphere.

Offline skinwalker

• Admin
  • Administrator
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2009, 09:20:08 PM »
No the utah meteor actually "landed"!  the story you linked to dissintigrated in the atmosphere