Author Topic: destination truth is now the new ghost hunters?  (Read 11706 times)

Offline skinwalker

• Admin
  • Administrator
    • www.skinwalkerranch.org
destination truth is now the new ghost hunters?
« on: September 24, 2010, 01:08:13 AM »
to me it seems like destination truth was alittle too influenced by ghost hunters... they seem to have drived away from the fairy, crypto, alien theme to focus more on hauntings and ghosts this season. ... so far i dont like it, havnt seen an episode that captivated me yet.

Offline skinwalker

• Admin
  • Administrator
Re: destination truth is now the new ghost hunters?
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2010, 01:43:51 AM »
i also dont like his new "crew".  they look more like ghost hunter wannabees or rejects from Ghost Adventures.  I think the two new guys try to take away the limelight from Gates.. also the women are not as hot! hehe  still best show out there however

Offline lespaul

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2010, 02:23:04 AM »
Agreed! Do some alien crypto shows.

Offline TwoCrows

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2010, 04:11:40 PM »
That bothers me less than the endless cross promotion that syfy seems to insist on.  Is Josh going to go to the "experts" with every evp or thermal image this season?  The guy's got plenty of experience of his own and there's simply no need for him to consult with them every time.

I did like the Angkor Wat episode, I'd love to do an overnight at that site.

Offline skinwalker

• Admin
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2010, 11:36:23 PM »
it just cracks me up that he ALWAYS goes to the Ghost Hunters for their "expert" opinion.  I love how they answer, Grant is always like... "it looks like a light, a bright light, a light in a building, the light glows and dims, ... ect....."  He adds NOTHING from a pervious experience perspective or opinion just this blank rediculous reguritation of obvious facts.. .its kinda funny how he does it for the camera while giving his serious bs'er look.

I mean he really contributes NOTHING to the final review of the evidence other than ramblings of obvious observations.

I just dont like the new crew and the format is becoming waaaaay too predictable... producers buy the crappiest car/truck ever for them to rent.  The vehicle must break down at some point, also if they are in a boat the engine must fail.  They then seek out the most crazy witchdoctor and lunatic who tells them to find some pointless object to get the blessings of ghost, demon, crypto, ____INSERT CREATURE  .  they then act as if they are unfamiliar with the terrain and just happen to stumble upon a cave (do you know how hard it is to find caves in real investigations??? much less everytime by accident?)

the only thing i still love is Josh's humor is impeccable.  Guy is perfect for the camera and truely seems interested in "the truth", also alittle fearless.  Love the show but i feel a cookie cutter atmosphere and a ghosthunters like influence this season

Offline ninjamaster73

• Its your life you decide what you believe.
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2010, 10:22:24 PM »
I agree with you skinwalker...and you hit the nail on the head with these new gals he has on the show...not hot enuff...lol. But I'll give Josh this much credit though...with the Haunted Romanian forest evidence and the evidence so far on his ghost hunts, He's definitely collected a helluva lot better evidence than Ghosthunters or GHI combined.

Offline skinwalker

• Admin
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2010, 10:45:37 PM »
Haunted Romanian forest evidence

you know that is my #1 favorite episode.  I personally believe what they experienced there was not staged for tv and was the real deal.  Most likely the same thing that is going on at skinwalker imo.

Offline ninjamaster73

• Its your life you decide what you believe.
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2010, 03:52:01 AM »
True but did you watch the Underwater Ghost Investigation? I mean come on, Extreme Paranormal did that and it was ridiculous. Sound travels so far in water you can't rely on EVPs recorded underwater...this is crazy even for Josh.

Offline skinwalker

• Admin
  • Administrator
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2010, 02:16:21 PM »
yeah i thought the underwater evp session was alittle silly and pointless.  I'm looking forward to this upcoming episode however when they look for the siberian bigfoot!

Offline TwoCrows

« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2010, 09:56:09 PM »
There's a couple of problems this season.  One, the team he has just doesn't seem to have any charisma.  Josh is carrying the show himself.  Granted he's always been the focus but this new group just seems so flat that even the team interactions leave a lot to be desired.  Still too dam bad that Jael skipped out to go to fact or bullshit.

There other thing is the constant cross promotion with Ghost Hunters.  I have no doubt that this is coming from some genius at the network who thinks it's a bright idea but come on.  Do we really need a segment every dam episode to hear Jay and Grant say "yeah, you caught some evidence"  "that's a thermal hit"

It's mind numbing and ridiculous.  I believe they've been in every episode this season to lend "expert commentary"

Offline skinwalker

• Admin
  • Administrator
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2010, 01:33:45 PM »
Do we really need a segment every dam episode to hear Jay and Grant say "yeah, you caught some evidence"  "that's a thermal hit"

It's mind numbing and ridiculous.  I believe they've been in every episode this season to lend "expert commentary"

completely agree.  also give me a call today Crows!

Offline terro

« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2010, 03:47:30 PM »
I hate the cross contamination with Ghost Hunters.  I think Gates did a couple Ghost hunters live shows before he had Destination truth.  At least they are not doing any cooperative investigations, I could see it now three guys fixing a sink and the phone rings and it's off to Borneo to do an EVP session.  I doubt that Jay and Grant are real plumbers, I think it is just a plug for their sponsor Roto Rooter which really does not look that good when it takes two to plumbers to fix a drip.
I really liked the way they would go to unheard of corners of nowhere to look for some ridiculous legends with a humorous spin, I sense a downward slide happening with Destination Truth.

Offline KingC

« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2010, 05:54:27 PM »
Too me destination truth has always been rubbish. It just added the "ghost hunter characters" too the show. So too me this is nothing new, me growing up on the rez all my life seeing some creepy stuff both sky and ground. I know how they would respond and act if they  did see something, unless white people respond like idiots lol. But to me its all fake what there investigating. Entertainment soo do u guys take what DT is about serios?

Offline TwoCrows

« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2010, 09:06:32 PM »
Too me destination truth has always been rubbish. It just added the "ghost hunter characters" too the show. So too me this is nothing new, me growing up on the rez all my life seeing some creepy stuff both sky and ground. I know how they would respond and act if they  did see something, unless white people respond like idiots lol. But to me its all fake what there investigating. Entertainment soo do u guys take what DT is about serios?

hmmm...this sounds confusing orbs.  On the one hand you're saying you seen "some creepy stuff" yet you're also saying it's all fake so which is it?  Is it only fake if white people are seeing it?

This could be a whole new paranormal theory.

Offline KingC

« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2010, 11:02:21 PM »
All iam saying its ben fake! Frm the get go, they have prove of nothing.  Just like skinwalker said the formats predictable, but u noticed that the first season. The show SUCKS!