Author Topic: Paranormal and night whats the connection  (Read 7223 times)

Offline terro

Paranormal and night whats the connection
« on: September 10, 2010, 08:34:48 PM »
I often wondered why all the ghost hunting shows investigate at night.  Spooky factor for ratings?  Less human noise contanimation?  I asked my friend the guy with the motel and he seemed a bit stumped, his reasons were" that's when I have time."  Anyone ever have an experience during the day?

Offline Tony

Re: Paranormal and night whats the connection
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2010, 10:32:44 PM »
Another questions is why turn off the lights in a house when looking for ghosts.
Is that just so that you can use infrared and night vision cameras?
Ghosts should be able to do their thing night or day, with light on or off.

Same seen applies to UFOs.  Most people go out at night to skywatch.
But, UFOs have been seen during the day.

While there are no good objective and statistically significant databases on UFO sightings, the databases that I have seen show peaks at sunset 7-9 PM and some at 2-3 AM.
The best database was from Larry Hatch but it has been offline since he got ill (and I didn't buy a disk from him, when I should have).

Not sure about Bigfoot and Ghosts in terms of peak times.

Offline skinwalker

• Admin
  • Administrator
    • www.skinwalkerranch.org
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2010, 01:56:09 AM »
in my opinion dawn and especially DUSK are the best times to investigate.  the theory of "dead time" at 3am is bs in my opinion.

Offline terro

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2010, 05:35:44 AM »
My friend clarified a bit, he investigates at night because as stated before that's the only free time he has.  As far as day time activity he has heard of it but never seen any because he is at work and investigates at night.  By now he is bugging me so I got into a pretty deep discussion about intelligent versus a repetitive haunt and how they ought to not care about time.  His main reason is contamination, he has left cameras and recorders running 24/7 at the motel but the day time data was useless, people, cars, birds, wind, dust all these things are either non existant or greatly reduced at night.  And as mentioned ghosts don't sleep so they do their thing at 3 AM or 3 PM with no regard to the hour.

Offline ninjamaster73

• Its your life you decide what you believe.
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2010, 10:26:57 PM »
I've asked the same questions and most people I've talked to that experience something paranormal in their home either 1. had their lights on. or 2. happened during the day. Maybe because during the day there's way too many radio waves in the atmosphere compare to nighttime, plus theres significantly less human activity going on at night than during the day. So maybe there's less noise contamination at night. Plus there's a theory that if the moon's full the electromagnetic field is stronger therefore feeding power for the spirits..

Offline Tony

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2010, 08:59:18 PM »
By now he is bugging me so I got into a pretty deep discussion about intelligent versus a repetitive haunt and how they ought to not care about time. 

This issue that Terro brought up, on whether there is an repetitive pattern or a random pattern to paranormal activity is very interesting.  It is not clear to me whether we can deduct intelligence from cyclic or random pattern.

If a pattern is random, it could be due to natural random patterns (either geologic, atmospheric, or other) or it could due to a deceptive move from an intelligent agent.

If a pattern is cyclical, it could be due to natural cyclical patterns (seasons, weather, solar flares, moon cycle, etc.) or it could due to an intelligent agent's recurring visits (portal opening or other speculative reasons).

With regard to the Skinwalker Ranch, I have seen no good database or statistics on patterns (with time, date).  I hear or read about many anecdotal stories but see nobody looking for patterns.  I wish either Hero or Skinwalker started a database.  I am excluding the database that Salisbury included in his book, because it is dated and did not focus on the SWR.  In addition, if NIDS has a good database, they are not sharing.

You can eliminate hypotheses on whether the balls of light or "firework" lights seen are correlated with earthquakes, moon cycles, solar flares, etc.  only after you have a database that disproves them. 

If you find cyclicality in the data (either with time, season, moon, solar flares, or whatever), then you can use this to predict next sighting and be prepared to document.

Even if the source ends up being some unknown intelligent agent that is intentionally playing tricks, I still believe we should better document the time, date, and location.  At least this would help establish the boundaries of the phenomenon.  Right now, it is not clear what is the range covered by the Skinwalker Ranch phenomena.  Is it the whole Uintah Basin?  Is it the SW Ranch plus a radius of X miles?  Does it include the high Uintah Mountains?  Does it include Vernal?  Etc. Etc.

Offline terro

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2010, 07:42:23 PM »
I think that reliably documenting events at the ranch would be next to impossible without 24/7 observation for a very long period.  I tend to think the part in the book where they claim the phenomenon to be one step ahead of them as far as being photographed leans towards intelligent but not necessarily paranormal.  These orbs may be present in the daytime but nearly invisible.

Offline skinwalker

• Admin
  • Administrator
    • www.skinwalkerranch.org
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2010, 01:06:50 AM »
i have noticed between 8:30-11:30pm to be the time ranch we have witnessed the most activity.  The other statistically significant time of activity is around early sunrise, but i failed to document those times.