Author Topic: Bird speaks of the dead  (Read 11055 times)

Offline terro

Bird speaks of the dead
« on: June 02, 2010, 10:11:42 PM »
So my friends ex wife's brother in law (yeah I know) got a mina bird, I think thats what it is, anyhow he's had it for about three months and it is a talker, whistler, singer, screamer, pooper, mess maker, all the usual bird stuff.  So he says he awoke one morning and uncovered the bird and it began saying "Marion" over and over.  Marion is his mother who passed away many years ago.  He also swears it whistles her favorite song but we have not been able to make anything out of its whistling.  I have heard the bird say it but I dont know this guy and have seen situations where he wants attention and throws a fit if he does not get it.  My buddy says no way he would do that as he had a huge falling out with his mother and she disowned him and left him out of the will and he never speaks of her.  His father remarried and the brother in law speaks of the new wife when asked about his mom.  So it's just odd, kinda cool yet a bit creepy because if it's on the level it to me is pretty conclusive proof.

Offline TwoCrows

Re: Bird speaks of the dead
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2010, 10:26:48 PM »
Well, animals are a lot more aware and open than humans are.  They're tuned in to a whole different level.  Cool story.

Offline lespaul

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2010, 10:48:31 PM »
Very cool story.

Offline terro

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2010, 04:46:08 AM »
Thats all it is really because I have heard the bird say it but for all I know he has been teaching it to say her name for the past three months in some sort of strange bid for attention.  It does sound like he is really creeped out about it and is worried about all kinds of stuff thinking his mother is watching him.  His nutbag sister wants to have a saonse (sp?) with the bird to speak to their mother.  If they do I am taping it an putting it on Youtube.

Offline TwoCrows

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2010, 03:02:54 PM »
LOL!!!!

Oh man, what an image that conjures.  A seance led by a bird.

I think you should encourge the idea just to see it happen, I'd love to see that video.

Offline lespaul

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2010, 05:38:54 PM »
Ditto! Please encourage this Terro! We need video of this awesomeness!

Offline TwoCrows

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2010, 05:30:52 AM »
Polly the Psychic Parrot, could be a new reality series!

Offline lespaul

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2010, 04:13:49 PM »
History channel just picked it up. It's on after your favorite show Two Crows...pawn stars.  :D

Offline TwoCrows

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2010, 05:57:56 PM »
LOL, they should just put the two shows together, bet the parrott would freak the fat guys out.

Offline terro

« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2010, 06:18:56 PM »
So the brother in law is so freaked out that he wants to get rid of the bird and my buddy's ex wife thinks it is her re encarnated mother or her mother is communicating through the bird so she is buying it off him.  Now her new husband is against it and in the back of his mind is thinking "what the hell kind of family did I marry into?"  I was at my buddys house and his ex wife came to drop the kids and she was going on and on about it, of course I told her that I believe her and that she needs to make a video on youtube so others who have had this happen can see it and contact her with help and advice.  I will post the link if she does.

Offline TwoCrows

« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2010, 06:28:11 PM »
OMG LOL!!!

Terro, this story gets better and better. 

Offline skinwalker

• Admin
  • Administrator
    • www.skinwalkerranch.org
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2010, 07:58:54 PM »
i think its possible, i started saying the name of my wife's dead Ukrainian grandfather (whom i've never met nor did i EVER know his name).   I something catch myself muttering it (and its a weird name too...). But then again i'm quite the birdbrain too!

Offline TwoCrows

« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2010, 08:08:38 PM »
I believe you skinwalker but the images of you doing that just aren't the same as the video of the bird would be.

Offline terro

« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2010, 08:52:18 PM »
Busted!!!  My buddy got a bunch of CD's and DVD's from the Bro in law and guess what?  Along with the music discs were a few looped ones with various sayings including the Dead mothers name and a poorly done whistling version of her favorite songs.  He must have put it on and went to work every day trying to teach the bird to say it.

He still wont own up to it but he is a "look at me" kind of guy, always has to be the center of attention.  I am embarrassed for him, but not much.

The comedy is my buddy was driving to AZ and was playing some of the dics, three songs into the one marked Led Zepplin it kicks in with the bro in law saying "Marion" over and over.  I didnt think you could record over discs but my buddy says you can if it is a rewritable or the disc had room on it.  Funny and sad anyway.

Offline TwoCrows

« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2010, 02:50:13 AM »
Damn!  There goes the reality show. :(