Author Topic: Ghost hunting this Saturday!  (Read 11428 times)

Offline Kami-Megami

Ghost hunting this Saturday!
« on: January 27, 2010, 12:52:38 AM »
I'm going with a paranormal group up here this Sat. investigating a theater.

I'm so excited! this is better than Disneyland. ;D :D

Offline lespaul

Re: Ghost hunting this Saturday!
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2010, 01:26:00 AM »
Nice. Be sure to let us know how it goes!

Offline skinwalker

• Admin
  • Administrator
    • www.skinwalkerranch.org
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2010, 01:43:05 AM »
to me nothing is more exciting than going on a paranormal adventure.  the problem is its alot like fishing sometimes you dont catch/see a thing!  Good luck and let us know

Offline TwoCrows

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2010, 05:06:09 AM »
Have fun Kami and stay focused. 
Stay focused on the experience and don't be too attached to having something dramatic happen, that way, you'll enjoy yourself either way.

Offline skinwalker

• Admin
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2010, 04:24:44 PM »
i've always been more entrigued by sneaking around in some spooky forest, or climbing a mountain looking for bigfoot, or hiking the deserts around the ranch than holding a EMF meter in some old house hoping for a ghost to blip by.  I think ghost hunting just got old quick for me, and something about the outdoor adventure was my calling.  I honestly think i've seen more paranormal/military tech events outside than I ever had in some old lady's cellar.  Also be sure to check out your local haunts in your area.  There should be a plethora of websites describing local haunted locations and areas, even ufo hotspots.  Every summer i have a list of places i havent been to yet that I check off.

Offline Kami-Megami

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2010, 01:33:08 AM »
Skinwalker, I grew up in a haunted house so I have plenty of experiences indoors.  ;)

As far as this last weekend, What a fun night!

The paranormal group hosting it was really laid back and nice. We split into groups and went to different areas with a member of the team. There is supposed to be a child and a man seen in the theater.  We were up in the projection booth first and got nothing.

Our second place was supposed to be the most active, and it was! It was also supposed to be creepy/negative, but it wasn't at all.  As soon as our group got way down in the back, we heard a higher voice laughing. We checked to see there was no one above us.  A lady in our group had a recorder with headphones in, this way she said you could hear the evps in real time. But we could all hear the little girl talking to us. She sounded right between two people and far away at the same time. (There was a stone wall behind them.) Unfortunately I didn't have my recorder until later.

The child seemed to play with one guy's EMF detector for a long while. The room would get really noticeably colder before it would go off.   A woman also had a flash light pulled out of a deep pocket in the lobby. So it was successful.

Here are some EVPs I got. 3 from a child and one from an adult. Make of them what you will. These are my first EVPs;

Here is a child's voice you will hear it just before the phone sound goes off.
http://www.filefreak.com/files/119003_x8cb3/EVP%211child.wav

Here you hear me ask if she thinks We are silly. You hear an answer just before the guy speaks. It sounds like a 'yes' to me.
http://www.filefreak.com/files/119000_4hzen/EVP2child%20YES.wav

Here I ask what grade she is in. I didn't hear the response at the time but another guy did. I added the reply again at the end.
http://www.filefreak.com/files/119002_gtjqs/Evp4second.wav

And here after the question, there sounds like two responses, one is whispery yes (That as we are all in coats I would discount do to it possibly being a coat rustling.  The other sounds like a man saying 'maybe.'
http://www.filefreak.com/files/119001_977i5/evp3adult.wav

Take them all for what it's worth, I don't mind criticisms/critiques/ comments/congrats/or BLT sandwiches.  8)

Offline skinwalker

• Admin
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2010, 03:11:16 PM »
" A lady in our group had a recorder with headphones in, this way she said you could hear the evps in real time"

can you tell me more about this setup?  this was an old theory of mine to make such a device.  i dont see how this would work as easily as you describe.  She would have to play the recorded tape/digital back a moment after recording to actually hear the recording...so in otherwords it could not be done "live" but it coudl have a one second delay.  having played with EVPs in the past i'm very intrigued to learn more about her setup.

Offline Kami-Megami

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2010, 07:58:59 PM »
The lady simply had a recorded that would play into her ear. She didn't need to play it back or anything. I tried it with my but mine wouldn't p[lay while I was recording.  :-\

She belongs to a paranormal group around Ogden.  She said that people with hearing aids get the same effect. She had been in investigations where only her and a man with the hearing aid could hear the responses. Very interesting!  I could ask her what type of recorder she uses for ya.  :)

Offline skinwalker

• Admin
  • Administrator
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2010, 08:39:29 PM »
please find the setup Kami!  I've been looking into this for years now, glad someone is actually doing it with a device possibly made for it

Offline Kami-Megami

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2010, 06:29:33 AM »
Haven't got an answer yet. I'll re-ask her.  ;)

Offline Kami-Megami

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2010, 10:42:07 PM »
She said hers was an Olympus110. She said she got it at Sam's club.

Offline skinwalker

• Admin
  • Administrator
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2010, 12:28:43 AM »
i have something similar and i'm not familiar how to record and also play at the same exact time... either way it would need a delay which would require a mod

Offline Kami-Megami

« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2010, 02:31:55 AM »
I don't think it was playback at all.  Just listening by headphones in real time.

Offline dubbedup

« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2010, 09:30:43 PM »
please find the setup Kami!  I've been looking into this for years now, glad someone is actually doing it with a device possibly made for it

you need a recorder with a monitoring feature. I have the zoon H4n which has this feature although I have never used it for evp. I would love to stakeout a haunted joint.